Monday 2 December 2013

Kimling, Aundh, Pune

Kimling restaurant is located at DP road (also known as Nagras Road), Aundh. A friend recommended this place to me so I decided to visit here on a Saturday evening.

The place is easily accessible as Aundh houses many restaurants and showrooms of various brands. A very special thing about this place is its seating arrangement. Although its area is not large, it doesn’t feel cramped. One can choose from outdoor seating and three versions of indoor seating. I preferred seating outside. I had to wait around 15 minutes to get a vacant table but rest assured the wait was worth it. Lighting was perfect which complimented the cool breeze of Pune city. I would recommend seating outdoors if you visit Kimling.

Now let’s get down to business. I had heard a lot about the authenticity of Chinese food you get at Kimling, thus I was eagerly waiting to dig into it. I decided to grab some beer first and try some starters. I ordered Tangerine Chicken and all-time favourite, Drums of Heaven along with the drinks.  A pint of beer costs around Rs. 150 here so that’s pretty reasonable. My friend ordered a Margarita which was one of the many options of cocktails you get at Kimling. You can also get pitchers of Beer and cocktails if you want.

Our order came in few minutes. Both the dishes were well garnished and looked mouth-watering.  Tangerine Chicken was a bit less in quantity but nothing could match its taste. It was delicious. To be honest I haven’t had Tangerine Chicken before so I am not the right person to judge it by its taste. As a neutral individual, it tasted good to me. Drums of Heaven had two options, one fried and other was tossed. I opted for the tossed version and I was not disappointed at all. It was regular chicken lollypop stirred in a mix of capsicum, onions and loads of garlic. It was a true pleasure for my taste buds. Quantity was also good as there were eight pieces of chicken in the dish.

All in all I was impressed with the starters and was looking forward for the main course. In the main course I ordered Chicken Chilly Garlic Noodles and Mantolin Chicken. Noodles were thin and quantity was good. Fried chicken chunks in them were a delight. Mantolin Chicken was spicy and tasted awesome when paired with the noodles. The portion size was impressive. This was all I had for main course as I was full after all the drinks and starters.

Food here is not that expensive. I paid Rs 800 for two (without alcohol) and my total cheque including alcohol and taxes came up to 1600 bucks. Every penny spent here is worth it, trust me.

Service at Kimling is very prompt and you’ll not have to wait to place your order or to get your order served. The staff is very courteous which is always lifts your mood.
I give Kimling 4 stars out of 5. This place is worth visiting and I’ll make sure I visit here more often.

Thanks for reading the review friends. Stay tuned for more bites!

No comments:

Post a Comment