Monday 25 November 2013

Jaffer Bhai's Delhi Durbaar, Vashi

Notes: 

Home Delivery, Dine-In, No Bar, Non Veg, Mughlai, Chinese, North Indian Cuisine.
Costs around Rs. 700 for two. VAT and Service Charges extra.

I don’t know why, but the moment I set foot in this place, I felt a certain Bade Miyan vibe. I am a huge non veg fan and I had a preconceived notion that I’ll get some good quality non veg here.

Following is my experience at Jaffer Bhai’s Delhi Durbar:

Location:

This place is on the famous MAFCO road in Sector 18, Vashi. It is actually closer to Sanpada station. Easily accessible!!

Ambiance:

As it is often said, good things come in small packages. This holds true for Delhi Durbar too. Damn, this place is congested!! It was jam-packed when I entered and I had to wait for 10-15 minutes to get a table. I must say that the tables here are at all impressive. They are like small booths created for maximum 2-4 people. We went in a group of 8 and we had to actually sit on 2 separate tables as they apparently were “non movable”.

Second point which was a put off was the noise in there. Trust me you can’t have a peaceful evening there. I literally had a headache till I walked out of the place. But I think the management can’t do much about it as the place is always a house full and it’s too cramped up.

Food:

Fortunately, ambiance is the only thing that disappoints you here. Food at Delhi Durbaar is mind blowing!

For starters, we ordered, Black Pepper Chicken, Chicken Lazeez Boti and Paneer Chilly Dry. Talking about the veggie dish first, the paneer was pretty mediocre. It was hard and oily, but I expected it to be so as this place specializes in non veg. Coming to chicken, it was perfect. Black pepper chicken was a bit low on quantity but it tasted really good. It was spicy to an appreciable extent. Chicken lazeez boti was out of the world. Chicken was so tender that it melted in my mouth. It was smoky hot and left us craving for more. All in all the starters were good, especially the non veg ones.

For main course we ordered Murg Mussallam (my all-time favourite) and Salli Boti. Murg Mussallam was exquisite. It came in a large platter and was beautifully garnished. It looked absolutely mouth-watering. Chicken was roasted to perfection and the gravy was really tasty. Its portion size was really impressive. I really recommend having this dish at Delhi Durbar. It’s worth every penny you pay.

Salli Boti was a bit tasteless. I had held high expectations for it but I was disappointed. It could have been better. I enjoyed pairing up the chicken with Garlic Naan and Tandoori roti.

I would like to add a point regarding the service at this place. To be fair, the place was too crowded to be managed well but that’s no excuse for bad service. I feel there was lack of man power to do the job well. This should be improved in a place which entertains such huge number of people.

This place is pretty cost effective too. After eating so much we had to shell out less than 2000 bucks for the meal, taking into consideration that we were 8 people and we ate like beasts. That’s pretty economical!

Ratings:

Food – 4, Service – 3, Ambiance – 2, Overall – 3.5 out of 5.

If you are a die-hard non veg fan like me, you should visit Jaffer Bhai’s Delhi Durbar for some authentic non vegetarian cuisine. I hope you will enjoy your outing.
Stay tuned for more.


2 comments:

  1. After reading ur review i really want to visit this place...
    I am also a die hard chicken fan but i would like to take away my food..
    Thanks for the caution

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaa :D sure mehndi.. U ll love the food here.. Even i'll prefer the take away option now onwards :P

      Delete