Sunday 2 March 2014

Pizza Hut, Inorbit Mall, Vashi

Never had I imagined I would write a blog post criticizing one the most famous pizzerias of all time, pizza hut. I visited an outlet at Inorbit mall, Vashi this Sunday and following is my horrible experience.

This place is always jam packed on weekends and you often have to wait for around 15 mins to get a table. Since me and my friend went around 4 in the evening we got a table easily though the pace was relatively full. Unfortunately this was the only good thing happened to us and what followed was a completely frustrating and mood spoiling experience one could ever have.

We ordered the following things which are considered as some of the best dishes, pizza hut serves.


  • Cream of chicken soup
  • Masala lemonade
  • Caesar salad
  • Chicken Mexicana big pizza

I will get to the reviews of all the things one by one.

Let me say that whenever you pay a visit at a pizza hut outlet, do make sure to try the cream of chicken soup and masala lemonade. I am a huge fan of the masala lemonade, and I was not disappointed at all. The soup was consistent and had chunks of chicken in generous proportions, which made the soup wholesome and delicious. If you are a spice buff, don’t go for it as you’ll be disappointed by it, but it is for sure a signature chicken soup.

Now let’s get down to business. If you order a Caesar salad in a restaurant of Pizza Hut standard, what would you expect? A salad having lettuce, steamed/baked chicken chunks, mayonnaise, and croutons to say the least! Well, our so called salad had no croutons at all. Those are a part of a signature recipe and still they were missing. The sad part is they couldn’t match up to the description given in their own menu card. That’s kind of a blunder you would say. I immediately called out for a replacement, which took its time but was done.

Coming to the main course and a pizza hut speciality, yes you guessed it right, A PIZZA!!
I have never been a fan of pizzas here and I prefer ordering from Dominos whenever I feel like having a pizza. But I had never imagined that pizza hut could do such injustice with their signature cuisine. To start with, the pizza was cold, as if it was prepared around 30 minutes prior to serving. This is not acceptable at all. They charge much more than that of dominos but the quality of base and toppings of their pizza is too poor. The so called BIG pizza was a medium sized pizza which was adequate to serve two people. The base was thin, hard, difficult to chew and almost impossible to cut through. I almost tore the pizza apart to slice it into pieces. The topping was disappointing too. I could not find more than one miniscule piece of chicken per slice. It felt like a veg pizza which had chicken accidently sprinkled upon.

I would like to mention some points about the service. Although the place was 70% packed, the service was way too slow. We had to wait 15 minutes just to place our order. It took a lifetime to call a waiter for complaining about the salad. Staff there just avoids an eye contact with the customers as if they hate being called upon.

To sum it up, if you ever have a craving for a pizza, save yourself some money and time by ordering at the likes of Dominos or Smokin Joe’s for that matter. I feel, this place has lost its touch and needs to revamp their strategy to remain in business.

Thanks for reading the review. Stay tuned for more. Happy dining!

No comments:

Post a Comment